THE FOUNDING OF THE SOCIETY
Descendants of Sheriffs & Constables of Colonial & Antebellum America was founded on 8 April 2010 in Illinois to honor those ancestors who became a law enforcement officer to serve and protect those in his community in order to make it a safer place to live.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SOCIETY
- To identify and honor those individuals who accepted positions in law enforcement to serve and protect the members of their colony, town or shire.
- To identify the different offices held by lawmen during the Colonial and Antebellum periods.
- To collect, preserve and increase the knowledge of the history of Colonial and Antebellum law enforcement.
- To collect and preserve or participate in the preservation of the artifacts relative to law enforcement during Colonial and Antebellum periods.
- To support historical, charitable, patriotic, genealogical, educational, and literary activities that further the purposes and objectives of the Society.